The Mission of the Edison Parent Council is to:
- Serve as ambassadors, fostering communication and a sense of community among all parents.
- Encourage parent and community volunteerism at school.
- Coordinate projects and initiatives that contribute to school goals.
- Serve as advisers to other groups in the school.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts and encourage parents and community members to support Edison fundraisers.
- Advocate for the needs of elementary school children at Edison and throughout Eugene 4J and Oregon.
WHAT WE DO
The Parent Council holds a meeting once a month to discuss upcoming events, community needs and fun projects happening at Edison. Thomas Horn, Edison’s principal, delivers an update on school-related business at each meeting. Some meetings also include guest speakers from the community. Parent Council Meetings are an opportunity for parents to become informed about issues or changes taking place at Edison, as well as to offer a parent perspective on decisions being made. Parent Council is open to all parents. Please join us.
2015-6 PARENT COUNCIL LEADERS